Hologic’s New $5 Million Philanthropic Commitment Includes Donations for Women’s Health, STEM Education and Social Equality Groups in Costa Rica
- Costa Rica charitable outreach program is part of Hologic’s global initiative to deepen impact in communities where the Company develops medical innovations.
- Donations to nonprofit groups in Costa Rica will support STEM education, women's health programs, and social and racial equity initiatives.
San José, January 25th, 2022. Hologic
Costa Rica, a medical technology innovator
primarily focused on improving women’s health, announced that it has begun inviting applications from NGOs as part of Hologic’s global commitment to donate $5 million dollars this year.
Hologic Costa Rica, located in the
- Women's health and other health fields in which the company operates.
- Science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) education programs, especially those aimed at disadvantaged students.
- Social and racial equity initiatives, especially in the health field.
Through its purpose, passion, and promise, Hologic improves the well-being
of communities worldwide with medical advancements, sustainability leadership and charitable activity. That impact starts right in the communities where its employees live and work.
"Hologic aims to help people live healthier lives everywhere, every day. We want to make a difference in the world by doing good. We think not only of our employees but also of our community. In addition, we believe that education and health are key to the prosperity of people and equity in society," said Nilo Caravaca, Hologic's VP of operations for Costa Rica and Latam.
NGOs interested in receiving financial support from Hologic Costa Rica should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and explain which projects need funding – and how those projects align with Hologic’s areas of philanthropic focus. After an initial screening, some organizations will be invited to complete a series of forms to round out their application.
The managing director of CINDE
, Jorge Sequeira, applauded the $5 million giving initiative. On behalf of CINDE, he thanked Hologic for including Costa Rica as one of the beneficiary sites: "We admire Hologic's work and its impact on the country in life sciences
. Costa Rica has 12 of the 30 leading global medical device companies, and Hologic is one of them. This donation is an example of the solidarity work that multinational also have in the country. That will directly impact indicators of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals such as gender equity and quality education. Undoubtedly, it will greatly contribute to improving education and social inclusion among Costa Ricans."
The $5 million commitment builds on Hologic’s regular, ongoing philanthropic support of charitable groups worldwide. It also reinforces Hologic’s groundbreaking efforts to elevate women’s health, which include:
- The Hologic Global Women’s Health Index: an unprecedented, data-backed, annual roadmap that helps countries increase lifespan and quality of life for women.
- Project Health Equality: a multimillion-dollar, multi-year effort to increase education, research and access to quality healthcare for underserved women.