Zona Franca La Francia
La Francia Free Zone is the first Class A+ Industrial & Logistic Park in the Caribbean region of Costa Rica. The Project is located in Siquirres, on Route 32 that connects San Jose with the ports of Limón in the Atlantic. The Project is designed for companies that need to establish in a Free Trade Zone park with privileged access to raw materials on the Caribbean Region as well as to the new Port Container Terminal (TCM) of APM Terminals. The park is an ideal site for operations in the following sectors: food industry, agroindustry, logistics, light and advanced manufacturing.
The Project is located in La Francia, Siquirres in the Province of Limón, Costa Rica. Near the Project there are a series of facilities such as schools, highs cools, technical institutes (CTP-INA), universities (Earth, CATIE, UCR, UNED), medical services (CAI Siquirres), banks, supermarkets, among others. The location of Zona Franca La Francia allows companies to:
- Have direct access to raw materials such as pineapple, banana and cocoa.
- Streamline import process of raw materials and export of finished products to global markets.
- Reduce logistic costs by using the new port infrastructure developed by APM Terminals in Limón as well as the new route to Nicaragua and Central America via Tablillas Border Post.
- Be connected to one of the main roads in the country, Route 32 whose expansion is being built by the China Harbour Engineering Company (CHEC) and will improve the regions transport capacity and efficiency.
Current Status of the Project
- Master Plan of the project: ready for infrastructure design stage
- Approval of Environmental Viability (SETENA) in advanced stage. Zona Franca La Francia is expected to have environmental viability approved on the first quarter of 2019
- Free Zone Regime approved by PROCOMER
- Agreement with CINDE to promote the park.
- Support from Siquirres Mayor's Office
Infrastructure and Services
La Francia Free Zone has the capacity of cold Shell building and construction management services providing Built to Suit solutions developing warehouses and-or industrial manufacturing facilities with the client’s specific requirements. The industrial park Will provide world-class infrastructure and services such as:
- Electric redundancy.
- Telecommunications redundancy with optic fiber.
- Potable water redundant system with privately owned wells and the local water utility provider (ASADA).
- Customs Office on site
- Security system with electronic Access.
- Water treatment plant
- Ample parking
- Common area maintenance.
- Infrastructure maintenance including internal roads, sidewalks, hydrant manteinance and common areas.
- Condominium system
- Waste collection service
- 24-7 security
- Administrative and operative services.