- Site Selection Magazine published the latest ranking recognizing the Investment Promotion Agencies from every region of the world that the market deems best in class.
- Costa Rica was awarded as the most proficient IPA in Central America and the Caribbean for its ongoing support towards quality job creation, inquiry handling, and expert advisory services.
Every year, the international magazine,
, produces proprietary rankings that recognize the IPAs from all the globe. This is part of the
Global Best to Invest Report
, where Costa Rica outstands for the sixth consecutive year by its investment promotion agency, CINDE, ranked as the top IPA for Central America and the Caribbean.
The magazine highlighted the organization’s ongoing support for quality job creation, inquiry handling, and expert advisory services.
“The leading agencies, and their counterparts in every corner of the world, are needed now more than ever. These organizations will shoulder much of the burden of helping rebuild economies, and replace the jobs lost, in response to this unprecedented challenge”, reads the article.
The magazine selected the winning agencies on the following criteria:
• Most professionally responsive to inquiries
• Staff possessing the best knowledge and language diversity
• Offering access to user-friendly databases of available sites and incentives (general and sector-specific)
• Readily available information on timing expectations of permitting and other processes
• Access to recent investors in the region who can vouch for the area and agency
• Best reputation for protecting investor confidentiality
• Best reputation for aftercare services
• Website: Is it easy to navigate, does it possess a wide breadth of data, and does it have an efficient, modern design with current data?
Other perennial winners are EDB Singapore and Dubai FDI. Among the first-time winners are Mauritius Economic Development Board and ATEED (Auckland, New Zealand).