Find the right corporate service
provider for your needs
We bring you a directory of companies to help you in almost all areas regarding setting a business in Costa Rica. With these right partners, you’ll be in the best handsAll service providers included in this Directory have fulfilled the eligibility and competence requirements established by CINDE. Any contractual relation established between a client and any of the service providers within this Directory, is the responsibility of both parties and not CINDE's. Therefore, CINDE accepts no liability nor does it give any guarantee on the matter.
The BNS Group of Costa Rica (Scotiabank) is a subsidiary of The Bank of Nova Scotia; the Canadian bank with the greatest international presence. With more than 185 years of solid experience, The Bank of Nova Scotia is the leading provider of financial services in North America, Latin America, Central America and the Caribbean, and Asia-Pacific.
Globally, the entity has more than 89 thousand employees in 55 countries to serve more than 24 million customers. Scotiabank was established in Costa Rica in 1995. In the local market, The Bank offers a wide range of financial products and services for Corporate and Commercial Banking, as well as Personal Banking and Small Business. It also has various subsidiaries for investment funds, leasing, insurance and private banking.
In 2018, Scotiabank had an important consolidation in the local market by achieving a social capital of US$ 427 million.
The performance of Scotiabank has earned the bank an important international recognition, for example:
- For the sixth consecutive year, Scotiabank and its "Scotia en Línea" (Online Banking) service were designated as the Best Internet Bank for Individual Consumers 2018 by the Global Finance magazine, due to its outstanding service for its online customers and its commitment to offer a safety and user friendly
- In 2018, Scotiabank Costa Rica received, for the ninth year in a row, the recognition from the Great Place To Work Institute.
- In December 2017, Global Finance magazine awarded Scotiabank Costa Rica as the Best Foreign Currency Provider of 2018, highlighting it as a reliable financial institution and the most suitable for buying and selling currencies in the
Scotiabank Costa Rica in numbers:
- More than 180,000
- 34 branches throughout the
- More than 225 ATMs and 20 ATMs for deposit and payment.
- Channels: Scotia en Línea, to perform more than 800 transactions in an agile and saftety way (includes SINPE Movil and Digital Signature), Mobile Banking App, Online Benefits App, TeleScotia 8001 SCOTIA (726-842), a self-service menu operating 24/7, and dedicated lines for Premium and SME
- More than 400 points of payment to process cash advances, payment of cards and public
- Website: scotiabankcr.com
Corporate and Commercial Banking
We offer a variety of cash management and trade finance services for your Company:
- Local Currency (CRC), USD, and EUR Operating Accounts
- Term Deposits
- Electronic Banking
- Domestic Transfers (SINPE & EFT)
- International Transfers
- Payroll Services under the Bank@work Model
- Tax Payment Services
- Direct Debit
- Corporate Credit Card
- SWIFT Capabilities
- Trade Finance (Letters of Credit, Standbys, Bonds)
- Electronic Fuel Tracking System for Vehicle Fleets
- Merchant Services