Costa Rica participates in the whole Agribusiness Value Chain
From sustainable, fair trade and organic productions, to food engineering on crop production, biotech, aseptic food processing, thermal processing, liquid food concentration, juice extractions, freezed goods, extrusion and dehydration among many other processes… Costa Rica offers the skills, scope and key ingredients to make your food activities a delightful success.
- Animal Health and nutrition
- National Seeds Office (+140 companies)
- Meats & Poultry
- Del Monte
- Food preparations
- Dried Fruit
- Fruit pulp processing
- Juices and concentrates
- Essences (smell and taste)
- Coca Cola
- Pepsi Co.
- Kraft Foods
- Prosalud (Sardimar)
- Alca Trading Group
- Final consumer
- Local retailers and supermarkets
We have a few stories to tell you listen what others have to say
We offer the right conditions
for Food Processing & Agribusiness
Here are a few highlights of the sector
- #1 exporter of fresh pineapple in the world offering the “golden” variety.
- 1st country in the world exporting carbon neutral coffee.
- 3rd largest exporter of banana in the world.
- 3rd largest exporter of cassava in the world.
- 3rd global exporter of canned hearts of palm.
- 4th supplier of melon to the European Union.
- 3rd largest exporter of jams, fruit jellies and marmalades to Latin America and the Caribbean.
- 2nd supplier of fresh Tilapia to the US.
- Top 10 yellow fish tuna exporter in the world.
- 3rd largest exporter of sauces and preparations in Latin America and the Caribbean.
Want to learn more about costa rica? see why we are your best choice
Food Industry Sector executive contacts
Mónica UmañaManager Food Industry & Light Manufacturing Sectormonicaumana@cinde.org